19 November 2013

Presentation went well.

The DASSA presentation I did at 2pm this afternoon was well received. With our main competitor (GATS) folding and finally closing for good just last week, we are now the only private service in Adelaide remaining. (I couldn't have planned that if you paid me to.)

I was taken for a tour of their new facility in Glenside, and very nice it is too. They have a 30 bed detox facility split into three areas; it is light and airy, and comfortable and respectful. They aren't at capacity at all at the moment, and expect that to possibly stay in place until the Xmas and New Years rush, but who can tell.....

Their admission times are very good, and will be able to assist us with our beds at the rehab that we have for Indigenous people with substance misuse issues. Donna is going to bring a few of the staff over for a look at our facility in the very near future, and loved what they saw and heard today. Great partnership development there, I am sure they will be an ally truly worth having onside.

We have managed to get a galley page up for those of you that haven't seen it on the website yet. Why don't you go to www.visiblerecovery.com.au/gallery/ and you will see a few new pics, and the building in all of its splendour. The more I look at these pictures, the more I see the incredible change that we have enabled in this building. I only hope we manage to change peoples lives in the same way, and get them all to enjoy the beauty they deserve to feel within.

No comments:

Post a Comment