8 August 2013

Now that was a long day...

What a day that was. I had the plumber in to fit the client bathrooms out with new taps and showers, sinks and toilets today. What a palava that was! The sinks were a nightmare to fit on both sides, and required lots of setting up and taking off and getting level and elongating holes in the porcelain where they hadn't been cast properly, and back on  the wall and off again. And so on and so on into the night. Eventually at 8:20pm, they were both done, and without cracking them. 13 1/2 hours later. Still they look like bathrooms now. I have a guy coming to quote for frameless glass surrounds for the showers too next week, so we will see what they come in at. Should look great in  both of them.

I think I have finally found Heritage plasterers to start work on the façade. All the guys that know how to do this are busy, so getting hold of one that could do the job was nearly impossible within the time scale we need. I had one guy say 8 weeks before he could start, only to ring me and cancel and say that he had a bigger job to go to instead. The best I can get is to start in 4 weeks (end of August). One could start in 3 weeks but his price was DOUBLE and then some of the other quotations. How can you justify that? Anyway, with any luck, we can finally get moving on the last parts of the work on the front. Oh....and then there's the external painting to be done too.....! (Did I say painting?) Like my mum says, it will be ready to open when its ready, and not a day before. Then we'll be busy if we ever thought we weren't before...


LHS bathroom before (RHS was similar!)....



RHS bathroom after. Far more respectable

No comments:

Post a Comment