18 April 2013

Still painting....

I decided that I had to paint the two corridors so that I felt that the place was changing. I have done three coats to cover up that horrible green that it used to be, and it looks brilliant if I say so myself. It has encouraged me a lot. I've painted out 40 litres of paint so far this week, and most the rooms have had three coats on the west side, with the rest one coat for now. The man is in to sand the floors back tomorrow. He is doing the floors (3) that have had carpet glued on them first, they need to be soaked in kerosene, and there is a fair bit of spatter, so I've been told not to paint out those rooms just yet until that process has been finished. There will be some cleaning up to do for sure from that. 

Taking shape, you can see the wall colour...

The carpenter has come to replace all of the dodgy floorboards. Of course we have found a few dodgy woodworm eaten joists as well, so they need replacing too, but there you go. I am sure the finished product will look beautiful.


Quite a few had to come out of this room





This one not so bad...


Finishing off the plastering in the bathroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment