3 December 2013

Wow!

To be recognised by having a Labor Minister, the Green Party Leader and The Leader of the Liberal party along with several key Liberal Party Members today at our opening meant a lot to me personally. Minister Ian Hunter's speech was very touching indeed, and his recognition of my recovery journey and what I bring to the table was just wonderful, I almost couldn't believe the words he was saying were about me! I felt very proud in that moment to be able to bring this to the fore along with the vision of what we are doing here at Visible Recovery. I am so pleased that my Mum was there to see all of this as well, it was so very important for me, and very healing for the damage that I caused our relationship as a practising addict. Her son has come full circle now, and is on the cusp of what I believe will be some very exciting times ahead for recovery in South Australia.

It also cemented an end to the hard work of rebuilding the premises, and started the process of gaining and forging closer relationships with Government. We want to get our not-for-profit arm up and running in 2014, and they can assist us in getting another recovery centre up and running for the most vulnerable people in the community - the people exiting jail, the long term unemployed, and the people on long term disability pensions due to substance addiction issues.

So, I keep saying it, but I'm a lucky guy. I have had a fantastic day, and feel the milestone being laid as I move into the next  and exciting phase, admission of new clients to our brand new rehab, and the start of our new business ventures in 2014. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment