11 July 2013

Lost Keys, and a fireplace nearly in...

I lost all of my keys today. They disappeared into a black hole, never to be seen again. I did what I normally do every day. I opened up at just gone 7:00 am, checked the email and then locked the door behind me when I take the do for a walk. I came back to the rehab, opened the door, and that was the last time I saw the keys. I spent the next 4 hours looking for them, and Ken helped when he turned up too. I gave up just before I was sectioned for a mental health issue....

A costly exercise, as the security fob was on there too, and that will be $130 to start with. Then there's the re-cuts of all the keys at between $7 and $14 each. I sit here now quite drained from today and I got nothing done but walk around in circles looking for something that wasn't there.

Still, we did get lucky. Ken found a penny from 1896 as we were cleaning up the fireplace to go back in (find a penny pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck...not!). 



 Then we managed to get the fireplace in situ ready to be secured to the wall. It looks lovely. A bit of wall plastering to do but Im pleased.




They've started to get the paint off the upper part of the house too, so that should be finished by early next week. 




Day off tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to getting my feet up. The boards come off on Monday for the first time in 7 years, the glaziers are in all day. Bit by bit,  we are getting there....

No comments:

Post a Comment