16 July 2013

Back to the fireplaces

Working on the fireplaces today to get them all back in and fixed properly. I had to carefully clean all of the original tiles from the surrounds of the 2 front room fireplaces today, I had to be soooo careful with them, I'm really pleased with the result, half of them were painted over, and the other half were blackened with soot and hadn't had a clean for centuries...well....years anyway. There are five each side of the fireplace. Take a look, I love them.  I find the patterns just lovely, and whilst they are not in colour and you can actually buy coloured tiles these days, I am happier with the original tiles to keep with the heritage of the building. They will look fantastic when they get mounted finally tomorrow.




These were covered in soot....


These were covered in paint....


...but not any more!

They are nearly finished stripping all of the paint from the facade as well. We can now finally see the gable ends clearly and what the stone looks like. It will be great when it is repointed, re plastered and painted in heritage colours. Excited.com.


Paint stripping nearly done now




No comments:

Post a Comment