14 July 2013

A break in...

Looks like I didn't lose my keys after all. They were stolen when I was in the office. There was a call from the security company that monitor our alarm system saying that there was a break in to the rear door on Saturday afternoon at about 4:00pm. The reed switch had been tripped, and the alarms set off immediately. I got a security patrol to go to the site, and I attended about a half hour later. The rear door was open but only just. I think the intruders believed that the fob that deactivates the alarm that was on the lost key bunch they had was still working. Wrong. We had re coded Ken's fob and a new one for me on a new frequency, so the one on my old keyring no longer worked at all. 

They must have got a shock when the alarm went off as they didn't even bother trying to open the door, and left. I had a scout about for the keys in case they ditched them somewhere close, but to no avail. I locked the door, re armed the alarm and came home. No more intrusions over the weekend. 

Some one must have come into the building early that morning I lost the keys after I had walked the dog, whilst we were both at the other end in the office. I normally shut the gate and leave the rear door open so Gandalf can get out. Neither of us heard a thing. I was so sure that I had left my keys on the table like I always did. We looked for hours for them, I thought I was going insane. Apparently not. And the door stays shut from here on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment