17 June 2013

First Hiccup...

The gutters were ceremoniously pulled down and off the building over the weekend, and as I was working away this morning, I noticed them putting up sections of brand new shiny galvanised...D Section guttering. Woooops. A BIIIIIGGGGG Wooooops. It should be ogee section guttering. I dutifully told the guys to stop what they were doing, and with the speed of a few phone calls their boss was over like a shot. Oh dear.

He wasn't happy. At all. I think something has been lost in translation here, but I am absolutely certain that I told him ogee section and galvanised, as we had to apply for planning from the council for it. He is certain that I just specified galvanised. I beg to differ, but the conversation got...well...heated to say the least.

He is back tomorrow with ogee section to install, and hopefully that will be that. After all, he is the gutters man and knew we had to go for planning for heritage work to get approval, and they would only approve one type of gutter for this. I'm sure I'm off his Christmas card list though. Replacing 100 metres of gutter wouldn't be fun.....

And that dear readers is the first thing that hasn't gone to plan since we started this project. Not too bad. Lets hope its the last too.

No comments:

Post a Comment