5 April 2013

Sanding, sanding, sanding.....

I would have written more than I have this week, and presented more pictures as well, but I really didn't think it would be necessary to show you pieces of aluminium oxide paper and bits of skirting board that have been prepared for painting. Suffice to say it is, and I'm happier to say that if we crack on with it today, we may well be close to having finished the interior woodwork. I have to remember that whilst it is joined, it is two houses and not one. We had the pleasure of John Chester's company (Manager, Aboriginal Lands Trust) for a visit yesterday. He hasn't seen the place since we started, and he was blown away by what we are doing. I'm really pleased about that, it is their building after all, and he is so happy to see it come back to life after years of not being used. 

They have another large 2 storey property in leafy North Adelaide, and Ken and I have been offered the opportunity of having a look at that as well to see if we can fit our Recovery Housing Program in over there. Im going to see if we can take a look next week. It's a shame we couldn't have a rehab there too, it has just all been rezoned as residential. That wouldn't stop people that have graduated form our 12 week program from living there though, and has a Managers home on the property as well. Perfect. It has been amazing what I have been presented with for this project, amazing. We shall see...

Today is the return of the plasterers. They will work now until the job is finished completely. A few days for them, and that will be all done, and we can apply paint. I have the tester pots in the car with me so we will be able to see how it looks later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment