8 March 2013

Got 95% of it all out...

God what a day that was. Vic and I were there at 7:30, and greeted by a 9 cubic metre skip. We started working straight away and got all of the sub floor out from the building by the time George (a friend that came to help...) and Ken turned up. Then we really got stuck in and the skip was full by 10:00am. We had to wait a while until that one was collected and a new one delivered, but we managed to keep busy getting the stuff that was piled to the roof of the main counselling room/lounge out on to the rear driveway so we could sort out what order to fill it all in. 


 Before the skips today....

The Lounge Room during the rubbish removal

 
 The Rear Driveway "Sorting and Smashing area"!

 
We filled two of these today


We can see the floor! - the lounge room nearly done
 

The corridor with no rubbish!


Vic getting stuck in to the laundry tiles

I must say that I did come away from the mammoth 9 hour day feeling like we had accomplished something great. For as long as I am there for the next three years, we will never again have to empty out two 9 cubic metres of rubbish from this building. And it really has laid a blank canvass feel to the whole project. I had a Gyprock plasterer come to give a quotation on doing some extensive repair work before we paint the place out, and he is back tomorrow to measure up. That will take around 8-10 days, and then we can get stuck in to the painting. During that time I can be messing about in the bathrooms, the Plumbers can be installing the new continuous gas hot water service and reconnecting the main supply.

And the best bit today? Well as much as I would love to show it off, I cant, and don't really want to yet. Enough said, I saw a first release of the website homepage today, and it looks like a million dollars. A fantastic choice of supplier there too.

So its all coming together. Quite quickly. Ken says he thinks 8 weeks and we will be there. I hope so, that would be more than I had ever wished for.....  


No comments:

Post a Comment