20 March 2013

Fireplaces stripped and water is on

I took over doing the fireplaces now that my best laborer, Vic, has left us for a job in the city. I have been on an angle grinder for the last three days, but now they are all stripped and ready to get undercoated and painted. They will look gorgeous when hey are back in the rooms they belong to. Such amazing cast iron work and detail, and such a shame they were just boarded in prior to us getting there. We have two with the original tile surrounds, and all of the tiles have been recovered in one piece too, so they will look especially beautiful.




A couple of the fireplaces I've done

The plasterers are some of the best workers I think I've had the pleasure of working with. Talk about crack on  with it, they are nearly done, with just the kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom ceiling to do and that will be that. Had a few others around for quotes today, a sparky for all the down lights we need, and another plumber for a few toilets and sinks we need putting in. I'm getting a tiler in for the bathrooms and kitchen too, I cant do everything, although all his prep work is done so we will save some money there. Then there is the painting out to be started, and I figure that can start happening after Easter,or possibly before if we are lucky. Its all going swimmingly well....




Amazing what a bit of Gyprock does 
for a room isn't it....

....and the other blessing? We now have running water in one of the bathrooms and a toilet that flushes. Heaven on earth, believe me. The other night I came home absolutely busting for a pee after a hard days work...I don't know how I made it home...no more of that thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Doing a fantastic job Simon! Keep it up!
    Great Blog too by the way, very interesting read!

    ReplyDelete