28 February 2013

And another day of progress

We really ripped into it today. Our mission was to get the tiles up off the floor in the corridors if we had the time, but we did better than that. We managed to get the corridors, office, dining room, bedroom 6 and the counselling room stripped. 





The Corridors

Gargantuan effort. Victoria works harder than some blokes I've worked with to be honest! Anyway, it has inspired me seeing all that expanse of beautiful Baltic Pine floorboards. I was going to carpet all of the bedrooms, but I am now in favour of stripping back to original floorboards in every room and simply sealing them with a good varnish, and putting a rug in each one. I think that would look more homely and classy as well.




The Office

All I would need to do would be to pull out all of the staples that were used to secure the sub-floor, punch the nails below the surface of the floorboards and hire a floor sander for a day or three and get stuck in. A whole lot cheaper too, plus you have the added bonus of the light that it creates for each room, It will feel light and airy for sure after that treatment. I cant wait, it was better than Christmas seeing those floorboards today! Back there at 7:30 am tomorrow to get the skip filled and taken away.




The Dining Room


Counselling Room

No comments:

Post a Comment